A new firmware upgrade to version 4.0.1481 is now available for the Cybook Odyssey. It will be automatically proposed to you via the wifi connection as soon as you connect your Odyssey, or you can download it from our site for manual installation: Support > Download.
The change log is also available for download on our site.
Version 4.0 (build 1481)
- Fix: support for USB drive ejection (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Fix: USB connectivity (looping disconnections, successive cable insertions).
Version 4.0 (build 1476)
- Fix: pressing side buttons could lead to turn 2 pages instead of 1.
- Fix: some SDHC cards were not recognized.
Version 4.0 (build 1470)
- Optimization of touch reactivity and sensitivity.
- Smoother animations and scrolling.
- Fix on USB disconnections.
- Fix on highlight and annotations (1 & 2 fingers).
- Serial number visible in “About” box and in /system/sn.txt
Automated installation (Wi-Fi)
- Connect the Cybook to the Internet (ebook store or browser), the latest firmware update is proposed, validate.
- The firmware update is automatically downloaded then installed.
- The device restarts automatically with the new software version.
- Download the firmware update file from www.bookeen.com/en/supportdownload.
- Copy the file CybUpdate.bin onto a microSD card.
- Switch off your Cybook (Home, “Settings”, “Advanced”, “Shutdown”).
- Insert the microSD card.
- Press the main button (central button below the screen) and keep it pressed while switching on the Cybook.
- When the boot image appears (after about 2s), you can release the main button.
- The firmware update will be launched and, once complete, will reboot the device automatically.